Living and Working in Laos
PanAust employs a multicultural team in Laos, comprising Lao-nationals and expatriates predominately from Papua New Guinea, Thailand, the Philippines, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, the USA and European countries.
Benefits for Lao nationals
PanAust is an equal opportuntity employer with a commitment to the future development of Laos and its people. The Company offers men and women many different career opportunities including unskilled and semi-skilled positions to technical and leadership roles requiring tertiary qualifications. The majority of these opportunities are based at PanAust's operations, with some positions available in the Vientiane office within the Shared Services Group. With an extensive range of training and development programs and the support of experienced expatriates and senior Lao supervisors, employees have the opportunity to truly discover their potential and enjoy a successful career within the Company.
Benefits range from:
- A competitive salary package, including performance bonuses
- Social Security Organisation (SSO) membership and family medical insurance
- Attractive site-based rosters
- Modern mine camps providing a great range of food, sport and recreational facilities and housekeeping services
- English training (for selected positions)
- On the job and formal training programs
Benefits for Expatriates
PanAust offers experienced mining professionals the opportunity to advance their career by contributing to the development and continuous improvement of the operations, standards, systems and processes. Expatriates play an important role in developing the Company's Lao-national workforce in line with its commitment to localisation.
Expatriates work on either a fly-in, fly-out roster from their home country or on a drive in, drive out roster, living in country. The roster for each position is determined by business requirements and will be discussed early in the recruitment process.
Laos is a safe, developing country, located in the heart of Southeas Asia. It is bordered by Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, China and Myanmar making it the ideal base for expatriates to explore the region on their breaks. For expatriates living in the region, it is a short flight from surrounding countries including Thailand, Indonesia, China and the Philippines.
In-country expatriate employees reside in the country’s capital, Vientiane, and work on attractive drive-in/drive-out rosters on mine-sites located within a five-hour drive from the Capital of Vientiane. Vientiane offers private international education for primary and secondary-aged school students, and is approximately 90 minutes drive from quality health care in Thailand.
The city is small enough to offer a relaxed and safe environment, yet large enough to provide modern housing options and lifestyle choices. Social activities include golf, gymnasiums and other sporting clubs as well as an abundant range of restaurants and night spots.
Benefits range from:
- A competitive remuneration package based on industry benchmarks
- Excellent international career development opportunities
- For residential expatriates – highly attractive after tax salary combined with low cost of living, relocation assistance, accommodation, health and medical insurance, children's education, as well as annual return flights home
- Modern mine camps providing a range of western and asian food and sporting and recreational facilities
- The potential to participate in a Company incentive program that includes long- and short-term incentives
Applicants who are interested in joining an international mining company experiencing significant growth are invited to apply for advertised roles* via our job board.
Additionally, interested people may register for job alerts (click on 'Sign In' and choose 'Sign Up as a new user' to register) to be notified of vacancies within job categories selected.